SPI based table locks.

От Chris Bowlby
Тема SPI based table locks.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

 I've been working on a small module that I will be pluging into my
local PostreSQL 8.x database and am in need of doing some table locking.
At this time, I've used various other examples to no avail and was
wondering what the proper method for aquiring a table lock within the
module would be?

 For example I am using an SPI based module:

 static void mytest(void) {
  LOCKMETHODID        localLockTableId = INVALID_LOCKMETHOD;
  LOCKTAG                     localtag;

  memset(&localtag, 0, sizeof(localtag));
  localtag.relId = XactLockTableId;
  localtag.dbId = 1;
  localtag.objId.xid = InvalidTransactionId;

  if (!LockAcquire(LocalLockTableId, &localtag,
GetCurrentTransactionId(), Sharelock, false)) {
   elog(ERROR, "mytest: did not acquire table lock");
  }

  if(!LockRelease(LocalLockTableId, &localtag,
GetCurrentTransactionId(), Sharelock)) {
   elog(ERROR, "mytest: could not release lock");
  }
}

I know there is something I am missing and would appreciate any help. I
believe I need to initialize the LocalLockTableId, but I have not been
able to find any examples of that being done. Could someone look this
over and point me in the right direction?

Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to run tables in RAM?
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to run tables in RAM?