Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Well I know it isn't an API per say, but one interesting tid bit as an example
> is that PLphp does not need the PostgreSQL source to compile. It only needs
> pgxs and the relevant headers etc...
>
> Perhaps that is one way to go... All PLs use pgxs?

PL/Java does. No source needed. So yes, there's already a fairly good
API that assists in the module build process. It does however still
include all header files needed by the backend and thus, leaves the
backend wide open (in a matter of speech). If a refactoring effort was
to start later on, that would be a good place to start. I.e. divide
headers into the ones available for external modules and the ones for
internal backend use only.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-patches considered harmful
От: Phil Frost
Сообщение: Re: lastval exposes information that currval does not