Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Дата
Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Dave,
Sorry I missed you at the Summit. I would've liked to discuss PL/J
versus PL/Java with you.

What is the status of PL/J? I haven't seen much activity there over the
last 10 months. Does it run on Windows yet? Are you planning a first
release anytime soon? Do you have any active users? Does the project
still have over 40 dependencies to other components? The last time I
looked (August last year) a beta-0.1.1 was planned. I didn't manage to
built it and it didn't seem anywhere close production readiness.

Perhaps it's no surprise that I disagree when you say PL/J could be
considered in the same light as PL/Java. Then again, I'm fairly biased ;-)

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Absolutely PL/J should be considered in the same light as PL/Java.
>
> Consider this a request for PL/J to be included in the core.
>
> Dave
> On 11-Jul-06, at 12:50 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>>> It's good to integrate things with the core as needed.  What plans do
>>> we have to integrate PL/J?
>>
>> None, if the PL/J team doesn't speak up.  So far I have yet to see a
>> request for PL/J or even a release notice.
>>
>> --Josh

>> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Сообщение: Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Сообщение: Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze