Re: pgsql vs mysql

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: pgsql vs mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/11/2006 1:36 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:

> that said, i tried to put fairness in my comparison, many pg/mysql
> comparisons ulimately resort to a dismissive mysql diss which does not
> play well to the uninformed third party.  so, I made an attempt at
> something with some substance.

Totally understood. The life vest that is not worn because it is too
complicated to put on doesn't save any lives. Meaning the simplicity of
setting up MySQL replication means it is used more often. One just has
to keep in mind to rebuild the slaves from time to time because they get
out of sync without any visible failure. Slony-I on the other hand is a
steeper learning curve, and although it could serve as a much more
reliable backup solution, it isn't used nearly as often as it should.

Jan