Re: Problem with COPY

От Christian Rengstl
Тема Re: Problem with COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi again everyone,

i got it to work, but came across another question concerning COPY. If i have a column in a text file that i do not
want/needin the database, is there a way not to read that column from the file without having to edit the file
beforehand?

Thanks for your advice!

"A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote on 07/10/06 11:28 am:
> am  10.07.2006, um 10:21:59 +0200 mailte Christian Rengstl folgendes:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have a table with a surrogate key which is an integer sequence. Is
>> there a way to load a file using COPY and tell postgresql not to
>> insert into the primary key column?
>
> Yes:
>
> test=# create table foobar (id serial primary key, name text);
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "foobar_id_seq" for
> serial column "foobar.id"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "foobar_pkey" for table "foobar"
> CREATE TABLE
> test=*# copy foobar (name) from stdin;
> Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
> End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.
>>> name1
>>> name2
>>> name3
>>> \.
> test=*# select * from foobar;
>  id | name
> ----+-------
>   1 | name1
>   2 | name2
>   3 | name3
> (3 rows)
>

> HTH, Andreas
> --
> Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
> Heynitz:  035242/47215,      D1: 0160/7141639
> GnuPG-ID 0x3FFF606C http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
>  ===    Schollglas Unternehmensgruppe    ===

Christian Rengstl M.A.
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin II
Kardiologie - Forschung
Universitätsklinikum Regensburg
B3 1.388
Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11