Re: Background Writer and performances

От DANTE Alexandra
Тема Re: Background Writer and performances
Дата
Список pgsql-general
These graphs represent traffic to the disks, and have been generated
from a "home-made" tool based on "top", "vmstat" and "iostat".
Only PostgreSQL accesses to them, a JVM is launched via BenchmarkSQL but
does not access to the disks on which are stored the data.
BenchmarkSQL stores its reports on the "sdr" disk.

Concerning the logs of the postmaster, I let the defaults values, so I
do not have the queries, timing, statements, ...

The fsync is activated and the "wal_method_fsync" is "fsync" (by default).
Is there a way to be more aggressive with pushing pages out to disk via
PostgreSQL ?

Regards,
Alexandra