Re: Version Discrepancy

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: Version Discrepancy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Douglas McNaught wrote:
> rstp <ronDOTmhp@shaw.ca> writes:
>

>> pg_config is telling us that we are running version 7.3.6-RH, but when
>> we start psql it shows that we are running 8.1.4 (which is the correct
>> version).
>>   [postgres@mh bin]$ pg_config --version
>>   PostgreSQL 7.3.6-RH
>>   [postgres@mh bin]$ which postmaster
>>   ~/bin/postmaster
>>   [postgres@mh bin]$ psql imp
>>   Welcome to psql 8.1.4, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>>

> I'm guessing that for some reason the pg_config from 7.X is found
> first in your PATH.  What does 'which pg_config' print?

That's it. 'which pg_config' returns /usr/bin/pg_config
I guess that I ran it too early on a Saturday morning, I must have
blindly assumed that my '[postgres@mh bin]$ pg_config --version' command
would look at the current directory first by default.

Thanks Doug!

Ron

От: Francisco Reyes
Сообщение: Re: Can Log filename include database name?
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Is OpenFTS dead?