Re: Is postgresql ca do the job for software deployed in ASP

От David Gagnon
Тема Re: Is postgresql ca do the job for software deployed in ASP
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi All,

  First thanks for your help everyone!

Mikael Carneholm wrote:
> Do you really need to create one *DB* per client - that is, is one
> schema (in the same DB) per client out of the question? If not, I would
> look into moving all reference tables (read-only data, constants and
> such) into a common schema (with read permission granted to each
> client/role), that way reducing the amount of objects needed to be
> created/maintained and at the same time reducing the memory requirements
> (lots of shared objects == lots of reused shared buffers).
For my application there is very little info I can share.  Maybe less
than 10 on 100 actually so I not sure it worth it ...

> Set the
> default_tablespace variable per client (login role) also so that the I/O
> load can be balanced. A system based on Opterons such as the HP DL385 or
> DL585 with two CPUs (or four if you go for the 585), 8-16Gb of RAM and a
> decent storage system with 14-28 disks could be worth evaluating.
>
> /Mikael

I look into the HP DL385 and DL585 on HP site and they are price between
3000 and 15000$$ (base price).  Thats quite a difference?  So is the HP
DL385 with 2 cpus will do the job ?

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ctoBases.asp?jumpid=re_NSS_dl585storageserver&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=&ProductLineId=450&FamilyId=2230&LowBaseId=&LowPrice=&familyviewgroup=405&viewtype=Matrix
http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ctoBases.asp?ProductLineId=431&FamilyId=2048&jumpid=re_hphqiss/Ovw_Buy/DL385

I will look more deeply into them in detail trying to understand
something ...

Thanks for your help!
Best Regards
/David

От: Tarhon-Onu Victor
Сообщение: Re: optimizing LIKE '%2345' queries
От: "Mikael Carneholm"
Сообщение: Re: Is postgresql ca do the job for software deployed in ASP ou SaaS mode?