Re: How to access table from one database to another

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: How to access table from one database to another
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
VivekanandaSwamy R. schrieb:

> hi,
> I have 2 databases namee PAO and CAS.
> PAO contains 3 schemas named Public,pao,sts
> CAS contains 4 schemas named Public,cao,sts,reports
>
> Now  i am in PAO database..now i want access table 'activity' in schema
> 'cas' in CAS database.
> How it is posible.

Well, actually this is not possible. (And has nothing to
do with pgadmin) however, in the contrib directory
of your database there is dblink, which can issue queries
to other (also remote ) postgres databases.

> 2nd thing is...
>
> i have 2 servers access i.e local and mainserver.
>
> How access table from one server to another server?
>
> please tel me...because im the new one for postgreSQL.

You should avoid such constructs as much as possible.
Maybe slony replication of that other table is feasable?
Who knows.. it really depends on your application.

> *Thanks  &  Regards*
>
> *Vivekananda.R **|** Software Engineer           *
>
> *Infinite Computer Solutions **|** Exciting Times…Infinite
> Possibilities... *
>
> *SEI-CMMI level 5 **| **ISO 9001:2000*
>
> * **Tel +91-80-5193-0000**|** Fax  +91-80-51930009 **|** Cell No
> +91-9986463365**|**www.infics.com**          *
>

> Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite
> Computer Solutions and / or its Customers and is intended for use only
> by the individual or the entity to which it is addressed, and may
> contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from
> disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient
> or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
> authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
> information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
> notify us immediately at info.in@infics.com and delete this email from
> your records.

^ ^ ^ you should tell your company lawyer such a statement is nonsense
and even more in mailinglists :-)

Kind regards
Tino Wildenhain

От: "VivekanandaSwamy R."
Сообщение: How to access table from one database to another database
От: "Derrick Betts"
Сообщение: Re: How to access table from one database to another database