Re: pgsql user change to postgres

От Joe
Тема Re: pgsql user change to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> FreeBSD is out in left field here.  However, I don't see why you need to
> alter the build to change this.  Just create a new user postgres and run
> the initdb step as that user.  initdb uses the OS user name it's run as
> to determine the initial superuser name.

That's exactly what I did first, and as you say, it worked fine (at
least I was able to create another user and another database).

It was when I tried starting PostgreSQL from boot, which requires adding
"postgresql_enable" in /etc/rc.conf, that it didn't work.  I tracked
that down to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh which uses a
"postgresql_user" variable defined as "pgsql" by the port.  And this in
turn is driven by the Makefile and other files provided by the FreeBSD
port.  As I mentioned, I could fix those references to 'pgsql' but then
I'd have to patch them any time I fetched a port update.

So I guess the port procedures are not controlled by the Development Group?

Joe