Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>The output function, however, would be quite a trick.
>It's not going to receive anything except the Datum itself.

I understand the reasons for this limitation of output functions, but I
have now seen it bite several times. Maybe we need a little out of the
box thinking on this. I have spent a while taxing my meagre brain on it
over the last few months, without much success ;-(

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as
Сообщение: Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as