Re: Is it possible to start two instances of postgresql?

От Dan Harris
Тема Re: Is it possible to start two instances of postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> kah_hang_ang@toray.com.my wrote:
>

>> both of the two database are live but use for two different web app.
>> my company don't want to spend more to buy a new server, so then I think of
>> to implement both under the same server and one instance..

Just as an anecdote, I am running 30 databases on a single instance and
it's working quite well.   There may be reasons to run multiple
instances but it seems like tuning them to cooperate for memory would
pose some problems - e.g. effective_cache_size.

-Dan