Re: Postgres fsync off (not needed) with NetApp

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Postgres fsync off (not needed) with NetApp
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dan Gorman wrote:
> That makes sense. Speaking of NetApp, we're using the 3050C with 4 FC
> shelfs. Any generic advice other than the NetApp (their NFS oracle
> tuning options)
> that might be useful? (e.g. turning off snapshots)

I'm not sure if this is in the tuning advice you already have, but we
use a dedicated gigabit interface to the NetApp, with jumbo (9K) frames,
and an 8K NFS blocksize. We use this for both Oracle and Postgres when
the database resides on NetApp.

Joe