Re: Precomputed constants?

От Zoltan Boszormenyi
Тема Re: Precomputed constants?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jim C. Nasby írta:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 01:30:10PM +0200, B?sz?rm?nyi Zolt?n wrote:
>
>> Replacing random() with a true constant gives me index scan
>> even if it's hidden inside other function calls. E.g.:
>>

> The database has no choice but to compute random() for every row; it's
> marked VOLATILE.

I see now, docs about CREATE FUNCTION mentions random(),
currval() and timeofday() as examples for VOLATILE.
But where in the documentation can I find this info about all
built-in functions? Thanks.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

Сообщение: Re: Postgres fsync off (not needed) with NetApp
Сообщение: Re: Postgres fsync off (not needed) with NetApp