Re: not valid character for Unicode

От Adam Witney
Тема Re: not valid character for Unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>> I have to replace fields with this in it with a valid string that will
>> load into 8.1, do you know who i would do the conversion?
>
> The database will do it for you. Note that the client encoding affects
> input *and* output. So if you set it to latin1, the database will
> convert all strings to latin1 before sending them to you...

ok, so my current database (7.4.12) is UNICODE, but from psql when i run
this

show client_encoding;
 client_encoding
-----------------
 UNICODE

SELECT identifier from dba_data_base where bioassay_id = 1291 and
identifier ilike '%G@S%';
  identifier
 BG@S (0A11)

so the mu chatacter is not showing up. So im not sure if the database is
converting the output?

(sorry, i am probably sounding very dim here!)

thanks again for your help

adam

believed to be clean.