Re: BUG #5718: Cannot start postgres (FATAL: invalid cache id: 19)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5718: Cannot start postgres (FATAL: invalid cache id: 19)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> This exact symptom was just reported twice in pgsql-es-ayuda.  Upgrading
> to 9.0.4 fixed the problem.  One of them used pg_upgrade from a previous
> version, the other one did not.  I'm not sure that it's worthwhile to
> expore the underlying cause, but it seems clear that pg_upgrade is not
> the only possibly guilty party.

Yeah, it seems like we are getting into XID-wraparound-approaching
states a lot more easily, or a lot quicker, than I would expect.
The original theory about that, which turned out to be true, was that
pg_upgrade was bollixing relfrozenxid values.  But that makes at least
two reports from people who (claimed they) didn't use pg_upgrade.
So maybe there is something else going on.  I see no way to investigate
on the strength of the available evidence though ...