Re: Proposal for debugging of server-side stored procedures

От Lukas Smith
Тема Re: Proposal for debugging of server-side stored procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Ideally, all pl's should use the same protocol. It should be language
> agnostic and allow different regions of the code to origin from
> different languages. That way, it would be possible to single step a
> plpgsql function that in turn calls a function in pljava. Incidentally,
> the JDWP (Java Debug Wire Protocol) was designed to do just that. But I
> think it would be very complicated to cross language boundaries even if
> we did use that.
>
> The JDWP and the architecture that surrounds it might be a good source
> for inspiration though. See:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jpda/architecture.html.

I have no idea if this would fit .. but just to throw something into the
mix that was designed to be somewhat language agnostic (with a slant
towards web scripting languages):
http://xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php

If it seems like it could fit I can create contact with the two authors
Derick and Shane to discuss this further.

regards,
Lukas