Re: pg_dump on 7.4

От Jürgen Rose
Тема Re: pg_dump on 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>> We have a running postgresql 7.4 on our server (SuSE Linux 9), and at the moment there is no chance to upgrade.
Throughan unusual combination of constraints (spanning over schemas) the dump cannot be imported without errors
anymore.

> Try using an 8.0 or 8.1 pg_dump with the 7.4 server.  7.4's pg_dump is
> not very bright about dumping things in the right order.  If it still
> doesn't work with a modern pg_dump, please show details.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Right, this is the exact problem, it works with pg_dump of postgresql 8.
But I need the pg_dump on the server itself, Therefore I need a
statically compiled version (because I can't upgrade to the whole
postgresql 8)

Does anyone know where to find statically compiled binaries?

regards,
Jürgen