Re: PgAgent Installation ERROR

От Kranti™ K K Parisa
Тема Re: PgAgent Installation ERROR
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Registering file is done and then defined the bat file and created a job. the backup file is getting generated but its of 0kb

plz check the following for the bat file content

--------------
@echo off
REM - backup directory can be a file server share that the PgAgent windows service account has access to
set BACKUPDIR="E:/POSTGRESJOBS/DAILYBACKUPS/"
set PGHOST="localhost"
set PGPORT="5433"
set PGUSER="postgres"
set PGBIN="C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/bin/"
for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%i in ("%date%") do (
 set dow=%%i
 set month=%%j
 set day=%%k
 set year=%%l
)

for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=: " %%i in ("%time%") do (
 set hh=%%i
 set nn=%%j
)

REM - It would be nice to use gzip in the pg_dumpall call (or if pg_dumpall supported compression as does the pg_dump)
REM here as we do on the linux/unix script
REM - but gzip is not prepackaged with windows so requires a separate install/download.
REM Our favorite all purpose compression/uncompression util for Windows is 7Zip which does have a command-line
%PGBIN%pg_dump -i -h %PGHOST% -p %PGPORT% -U %PGUSER% -F c -b -v -f "%BACKUPDIR%DATABASENAME-%year%%month%%day%%hh%.backup" DATABASENAME

--------------------------

2009/5/5 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
2009/5/4 Kranti™ K K Parisa <kranti.parisa@gmail.com>:
> Hi Dave
>
> Thanks for the reply I shall try on this
> I have done that on xp and it has worked.
>
> How ever the file generated is with 0kb. please suggest what next to be
> checked?

What file generated? Registering the service doesn't generate any files.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Kranti K K Parisa
M: +91 - 9391 - 438 - 738

Сообщение: Re: PgAgent Installation ERROR
Сообщение: Re: PgAgent Installation ERROR