Per session variables

От Richard Smith
Тема Per session variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,

I've googled about a bit, and found some ideas for solving this problem,
but I thought I'd pose the question, in the hope that someone can
suggest something.

I've got a web application that needs to do audit logging, taking some
information provided by the webapp such as user, request path, remote IP
etc...

Since I can't create users in postgres, and would like to be able to do
the audit logging transparently, would anyone have any ideas as to a way
I can do this kind of thing.

I need to avoid using external libraries if possible so if anyone has
any tricks I'd appreciate it.

I did find a mention of some features in 8.0 that I might be able to
exploit, however there was no details of what those features were, your
typical useless reply to a mailing list post. There was also a myfunc
module that would fill my needs, but I don't really want to load
external modules into the db.

I'm running PG8.1

Ta

--