I dont get it, dump / restore failures to the same cluster.

От Michael Ben-Nes
Тема I dont get it, dump / restore failures to the same cluster.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

I did on the same server / cluster ( 8.0.1 / ISO-8859-8 )

pg_dump -Fc sourcedb > sourcedb-Fc.dump

pg_dump -a sourcedb > sourcedb.dump

createdb test

pg_restore -c -s -d test sourcedb-Fc.dump

psql test < sourcedb.dump

I got few errors ( here are some of them ):

ERROR:  insert or update on table "logo_product" violates foreign key constraint "logo_product_product_id_fkey"
DETAIL:  Key (product_id)=(2) is not present in table "product".
ERROR:  insert or update on table "order_coupon" violates foreign key constraint "order_coupon_redeem_order_id_fkey"
DETAIL:  Key (redeem_order_id)=(3) is not present in table "orders".
ERROR:  insert or update on table "order_product" violates foreign key constraint "order_product_order_id_fkey"
DETAIL:  Key (order_id)=(3) is not present in table "orders".
ERROR:  insert or update on table "order_product_property" violates foreign key constraint

I checked the source DB and it has a product with (product_id)=(2)
Whats wrong, is pg_dump so unreliable ?

I want to dump 8.0.1 databases and move them to a newer server / cluster. but its impossible if pg_dump not dumping
accuratedata.

Thanks for the help
Miki

Michael Ben-Nes - Internet Consultant and Director.
http://www.epoch.co.il - weaving the Net.
Cellular: 054-4848113