Re: PK with an expression in field list

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: PK with an expression in field list
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alejandro Michelin Salomon ( Adinet ) wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I need create a PK for a table.
> This PK has 3 fields.
> PK is : CONSTRAINT ff_navios PRIMARY KEY ( idempresa, idarmador, UPPER(
> nome ) )
> But seems not work.

This is a useless error report ;) You need to provide the error message
you get. Usually this error message says in plain english (or even plain
spain or something ;) what the problem is anyway :-)

Ah yes, you should use (UPPER(nome)) in the place you wrote UPPER(nome)

> I have and other way to do this ?

> If this fields are not null and i create a unique index in place off pk,
> i have the same effect ?

What is the desired effect? PK is usually implemented as unique index
anyway.