re_ help lock record

От bitrunner
Тема re_ help lock record
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave wrote:

I think I understand the question. You want to know how to determine if
the record is locked.

As far as I know there isn't a way. If process A locks the record, then
process B attempts to lock the record it will block until process A
releases the record.

If you have statement_timeout set to some value other than -1 then
process B will timeout after waiting for the statement_timeout.
Otherwise it will block until process A is finished with the record.
yes is my problem, you have understood perfectly!!!
I have already used the statement_timeout but it does not work: it does
not raise exception. This is my code:

          conPostgre.transactionStart();
          Statement stm = conPostgre.connection.createStatement();
          stm.setQueryTimeout(3);
          rs = stm.executeQuery("select * from prova where \"prvID\" = 1
for update");
          System.out.println("Lock: " + rs.next());

I must set up of the parameters to postgresql.conf?

Thanks a lot.