Re: some error when executing query in pgAdmin tool

От Patrick JACQUOT
Тема Re: some error when executing query in pgAdmin tool
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Penchalaiah P. wrote:

> I created one table in pgAdmin tool but when I am executing query it
> is giving error….
>
> CREATE TABLE "ADV"
>
> (
>
> "T-Section_Id" varchar(10) NOT NULL,
>
> "CDA_No" varchar(7) NOT NULL,
>
> "Imp_Schedule_Id" int4 NOT NULL,
>
> "Sanction_No" varchar(20) NOT NULL,
>
> "Sanction_Date" date NOT NULL,
>
> "Station_From" varchar(20) NOT NULL,
>
> "Station_To" varchar(20) NOT NULL,
>
> "Amt_Claimed" int4,
>
> "Amt_Admitted" int4,
>
> "Dak_Id" varchar(20) NOT NULL,
>
> "Refund_Dak_Id" int4 NOT NULL,
>
> "T-Wing_Allowance_Id" varchar(10) NOT NULL,
>
> CONSTRAINT "ADV_pkey" PRIMARY KEY ("T-Section_Id")
>
> )
>
> WITHOUT OIDS;
>
> ALTER TABLE "ADV" OWNER TO postgres;
>
> Above table I created…..
>
> Select * from ADV; when I am executing this query I am getting error is
>
> Relation ADV does not exist… like this error is giving … may I know y
> am I getting this error
>
> *Thanks & Regards*
>
> *Penchal reddy **|** Software Engineer *
>
> *Infinite Computer Solutions **|** Exciting Times…Infinite
> Possibilities... *
>
> *SEI-CMMI level 5 **| **ISO 9001:2000*
>
> *IT SERVICES **|** BPO *
>
> *Telecom **|** **Finance **|** **Healthcare **| **Manufacturing **|**
> **Energy & Utilities **|** **Retail & Distribution **|** **Government *
>
> *Tel +91-80-5193-0000(Ext:503)**|** Fax +91-80-51930009 **|** Cell No
> +91-9980012376**|**www.infics.com** *
>
> *Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite
> Computer Solutions and/ or its Customers and is intended for use only
> by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
> under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it
> appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
> authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
> information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases,
> please notify us immediately at** **_info.in@infics.com _**and delete
> this mail from your records.*

by quoting ADV in the CREATE TABLE you made it case-sensitive
then by not quoting it in the SELECT, you used the case-insensitive form,
wich PostgreSQL (IIRC) translates as lower case
adv != ADV

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Penchalaiah P."
Сообщение: hi can u give solution to this query
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: hi can u give solution to this query