Re: PG on zeta 1.0

От Mark Campbell
Тема Re: PG on zeta 1.0
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi

Would you not have to start the postmaster with the "-i" switch to allow TCP/IP connections to the DB?

Regards
Mark Campbell

Confidentiality Notice: http://ucs.co.za/conf.html

sam karush wrote:
> > $  ./pg_ctl -D /boot/home/database -l logfile start
> > postmaster starting
> >
> the output is going to the logfile.  Can you take off the "-l logfile"
> part and send the list the error message for that portion.
> > Attempts to login with phpPgAdmin fail.
> so, it is running, but you just can't connect?

 Well, I have managed to get PG running. I had to copy the file boot/zeta/etc/hosts-sample,  save as 'hosts',  and add the line:

127.0.0.1  localhost

 Now PG starts reliably. I still can't connect with phpPgAdmin, but a quick trip through the archives of that group shows that to be a very common problem, with no concrete solution.