Re: Why won't it index scan?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Why won't it index scan?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The reason the default is currently 10 is just conservatism: it was
> already an order of magnitude better than what it replaced (a *single*
> representative value) and I didn't feel I had the evidence to justify
> higher values.  It's become clear that the default ought to be higher,
> but I've still got no good fix on a more reasonable default.  100 might
> be too much, or then again maybe not.

My hands on experience is that 10 is plenty except for the minority of
tables within a database. Those table can be accurately represented
using alter table without having to adjust the global.

That being said, 10 is fairly small and I often find myself setting the
value to at least 250 just to keep it out of my way.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: psql freezes loading large file
Сообщение: Re: psql freezes loading large file