Re: How can I make this query faster (resend)

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: How can I make this query faster (resend)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Cstendis,

Cstdenis wrote:

> Server is a dual xeon with a gig of ram dedicated mostly to postgresql.
> Here is the changed lines in my postgresql.conf: http://pastebin.ca/57222

3M is really low for a production server.

Try using pg_pool and limiting it to about 30 or so backend connections,
and then give them at least 30 megs of RAM each.

This should also cut down the connection creation overhead.

HTH,
Markus

Сообщение: Re: Performs WAY better with enable_seqscan = off
Сообщение: Re: Performs WAY better with enable_seqscan = off