Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:58:11PM -0400, Mark Woodward wrote:
>>> The reality is that MySQL is widely supported by some very, shall we
>>> say,
>>> "interesting" open source projects and using these products with
>>> PostgreSQL would be a plus.
>>
>> The biggest headache I find with using postgres is that various GPL
>> licenced programs have trouble directly shipping postgresql support
>> because of our use of OpenSSL. Each and every one of those program
>> needs to add an exception to their licence for distributors to
>> distribute postgresql support.
>
> Why would that be the case... OpenSSL and PostgreSQL both are BSD
> licensed... Am I missing something?

http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#LEGAL2

Of course, on that reasoning, they would need to provide a similar
exception for libpq with or without openssl. More and more I love the
fact that we don't play these games.

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client connection?