Problem with SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;

От Kaloyan Iliev
Тема Problem with SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Friends,

I am trying to postpone the foreign key constraint check till the end of
transaction but it doesn't work.
Can anyone help me with a tip what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Kaloyan Iliev

test=#  BEGIN;
BEGIN
test=#
test=# SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;
SET CONSTRAINTS
test=# DELETE FROM picture
test-#                                                          USING
element_picture
test-#                                                          WHERE
picture.id = element_picture.picture_id
test-#
AND element_picture.element_id = 8;
ERROR:  update or delete on "picture" violates foreign key constraint
"picture_id" on "element_picture"
DETAIL:  Key (id)=(223) is still referenced from table "element_picture".

select version();                                           version
i386-portbld-freebsd6.0,compiled by GCC cc (GCC)

3.4.4 [FreeBSD] 20050518
(1 row)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: