Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Дата
Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?  ("Mark Woodward" <pgsql@mohawksoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 09:35:34PM -0400, John DeSoi wrote:
>> On May 17, 2006, at 8:08 PM, Mark Woodward wrote:
>>
>>> What is the best way to go about creating a "plug and play,"
>>> PostgreSQL
>>> replacement for MySQL? I think the biggest problem getting PostgreSQL
>>> accepted is that so much code is available for MySQL.
>>
>> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mysqlcompat/
>
> Even better would be coming up with a compatability mode, a la what
> EnterpriseDB has done for Oracle.

Good Lord NO. I don't want a bunch of hacked up code *because* MySQL
does it this way, running on top of PostgreSQL.

I want to run PostgreSQL. If you want to run MySQL, run MySQL. If you
want to run Oracle, run Oracle.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Сообщение: Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?