Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Florian Weimer wrote:
* Joshua D. Drake:

Sounds great! But why GPL? Are you looking to sell licenses?
GPL is to spread it as far and wide as possible as fast as possible.
LGPL?

My concern would be, I can't use this toolkit for a closed source
application if it is GPL.
Closed source?  It's a PHP framework. 8-)
LOL.  I was thinking something of the same thing.  But as you point out...
Anyway, for a web application, the GPL is usually *less* restrictive
than various BSD license variants because you do not need to mention
the software in the end user documentation.
The paradox is that web is a more closed environment.  The user need never download and install the source.

Which has me thinking of the idea of requiring a copyright notice in the HTML files sent to the browser, or some type of "powered by" notice.  I will add that to the list of ponderables along with LGPL.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres