Re: Selecting table row with latest date

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Selecting table row with latest date
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Aug 19, 2021, at 10:06 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2021, Adrian Klaver wrote:

Alright now I am confused. You keep referring to contact_date, yet the
query is referring to next_contact. Are they the same thing, different
things or other?

Adrian,

The table has 5 columns: person_nbr, contact_date, contact_type, notes, and
next_contact.

I want the query to find all person_nbr whose most recent contact_date has a
next_contact date <= today. I don't need prior contact_dates and their
next_contact dates because some go back several years. I want to know those
I need to contact again based on our most recent contact.

HTH,

Did you try David J’s suggestion? or maybe
select person_nbr, max(next_contact) group by person_nbr where next_contact < now();

A table with person_nbr (pk), next_contact would make this much easier.  Seems to me a person can only have one next-contact? (as opposed to all future_contact)

Rich