Re: Contributing code

От Don Y
Тема Re: Contributing code
Дата
Re: Contributing code  (Tim Allen <tim@proximity.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 08:12:05PM -0700, Don Y wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to have one of my user defined data types
>> reviewed/critiqued to see if there are things that I am
>> not doing properly?  Or, other things that I should be
>> including?  Or, should I just contribute it and hope
>> for the best?  (if so, how do I do that?)
>
> Put it on a website somewhere and link to. Interested parties could
> then look at it...

An associate pointed out the obvious:  let it run in production
for a few months; that will find far more *realistic* issues
than a casual inspection would!  (Gee, does he distrust my
code?  :>  ).

So, I'll deploy them and get feedback on which features I
may need to add (some of the data types are probably a bit
too exotic for most users).  I figure I can always contribute
them just before a release...

--don