Re: FATAL: could not read statistics message

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: FATAL: could not read statistics message
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 03:41:07PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
>
>>I had cranked things up a bit from the standard install.
>>
>>shared_buffers = 15000                  # min 16 or max_connections*2, 8KB
>>each
>>#temp_buffers = 1000                    # min 100, 8KB each
>>#max_prepared_transactions = 50         # can be 0 or more
>>work_mem = 10000                        # min 64, size in KB
>>maintenance_work_mem = 128000           # min 1024, size in KB
>>max_stack_depth = 4096                  # min 100, size in KB
>

> You didn't say anything about how much memory you have, but you need to
> be careful with *work_mem, as being too agressive can run the machine
> out of memory.

I have 4Gb of memory and the machine is pretty much a devoted database
server.  We use it mainly for data warehousing and mining; there are
rarely more than 2 active connections and never more than 5 total, so I
have felt pretty comfortable with leaving work_mem pretty generous.  I
will likely have to change that if the machine becomes more active.

Sean