Re: Pgsql (and mysql) benchmark on T2000/Solaris and some

От Arjen van der Meijden
Тема Re: Pgsql (and mysql) benchmark on T2000/Solaris and some
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Jignesh,

The settings from that 'special T2000 dvd' differed from the recommended
settings on the website you provided. But I don't see much difference in
performance with any of the adjustments, it appears to be more or less
the same.

Here are a few iostat lines by the way:

     sd0           sd1           sd2           nfs1           cpu
kps tps serv  kps tps serv  kps tps serv  kps tps serv   us sy wt id
   7   1   12  958  50   35    0   0    7    0   0    0   13  1  0 85
   0   0    0  2353 296    3    0   0    0    0   0    0   92  7  0  1
   0   0    0  2062 326    2    0   0    0    0   0    0   93  7  0  0
   1   1    1  1575 350    0    0   0    0    0   0    0   92  7  0  1
   0   0    0  1628 362    0    0   0    0    0   0    0   92  8  0  1

It appears to be doing a little less kps/tps on sd1 when I restore my
own postgresql.conf-settings. (default wal/checkpoints, 20k buffers, 2k
work mem).

Is it possible to trace the stack's for semsys, like the memcpy-traces,
or are those of no interest here?

Best regards,

Arjen