Re: GUI Interface

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Glade
> WxDesigner
> QT (I forget the name of their forms product)
>
> Oh and if we are sadistic: Kylix.

I hate to say it but none of the above mentioned are in the same class
as Delphi except for Kylix.
Kylix is a bear to deploy but it is still the best IDE of all the ones
you mentioned above, and the only reason Borland
does not maintain it is because it sold poorly.  It seems these days
everybody wants something for nothing.
Kylix is still great for creating server side applications such as
tcp/ip daemons and apache DSOs.
As of right now Lazarus is the better desktop choice when compared to
Kylix. And Kylix does not use WINE to create
executables, it creates totally native ELF executables.  they just used
winelib to port the IDE.

The problem with all the ones you mentioned is you have to design the
forms separately and glade is just terrible to work with.
None of them are true RAD solutions.

--
Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com

От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Re: GUI Interface
От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: call function with different select statement