Re: GUI Interface

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dan Armbrust wrote:
> Tony Caduto wrote:
>> Jim Wilson wrote:
>>>

> Oh, and to get back on topic a bit more - DBVisualizer is also a nice
> database GUI (written in Java, by the way) that is very fast,
> responsive, and cross platform.
>
> http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/

All due respect but I am running a Dual-Core AMD64 3800+ with 2 gig of ram.

Java is slow on the desktop. Yes, DBvisualizer is a nice product and so
is Eclipse but compared to even bytecode language such as
Python/WxWindows... Java is very, very slow. Especially during screen
draws (and yes I run accelerated Video).

That is not to say it is not acceptable but the fact that it is slow on
my level of machine speaks volumes.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/