Re: GUI Interface

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
>> query-per-click interface unusable.
>>

> And I forgot to mention the remote users working from home via VPN over
> a domestic ADSL line with only 256Kb/s upstream at 50:1 contention.
>
> Regards, Dave

That's still faster than a 56k modem.
I use PGLA from home over a VPN via a cable modem which gets 256k upload
speeds and when I load a function directly
it loads very fast, and the main object trees load very fast.  It only
slows down a bit when you save the function back to the server and
it's not that much.  Downloads on cable and DSL are fast, it's only the
uploads where you  see any kind of slowdown.
In this day and age the load as you need it works much better overall.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design