Re: GUI Interface

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kenneth Downs schrieb:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>>      On my linux box, it also has the dubious honor of being the only
>>     program I have ever seen that can lock X hard, with killing the X
>>     server being the only rescue (if you call that a rescue).  It can
>>     connect over networks, but on mine it always seems to hang after
>>     an hour or so, and you have to kill it and restart it.
>>

>> That's a new one. Any other symptoms? Can you get a backtrace from a
>> coredump?
>>
> The good news is I could not reproduce it.  But when it happens again
> I'll know who to notify.
>
> As I recall, the problem would occur in the query analyzer.  If there
> was highlighted text in the top window, and you highlighted a row in the
> results, and then clicked into the upper window while dragging the
> mouse, it would freeze the X server.  It has happened much much less
> often lately, but it did happen just two days ago, and it always
> involves a click-drag situation.

Yes, that seems a gtk issue. You mark, then klick accidentaly into
the marked text (usually to change the mark area) and in the result
you are dragging the text to nowhere. pgadmin and X freezes in this
case. However you can login via another box and just kill pgadmin
to unfreeze. Maybe there is a problem with how drag & drop
is/isnt handled by the code? I have no idea.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain