Re: [PERFORM] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid
Дата
Re: [PERFORM] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
>> You want an in-depth comparison of how a server disk drive is internally
>> better than a desktop drive:
>>
>>     http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf
>
> BTW, someone (Western Digital?) is now offering SATA drives that carry
> the same MTBF/warranty/what-not as their SCSI drives. I can't remember
> if they actually claim that it's the same mechanisms just with a
> different controller on the drive...

Well western digital and Seagate both carry 5 year warranties. Seagate I
believe does on almost all of there products. WD you have to pick the
right drive.

Joshua D> Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Querying libpq compile time options