Re: Feature-Request: Login-Procedure

От Berend Tober
Тема Re: Feature-Request: Login-Procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> A. Kretschmer schrieb:
>> Someone asks for a Login-Procedure like Sybase:
>>
>>   set OPTION PUBLIC.LOGIN_PROCEDURE='meine_tolle_prozedur';
>>
>> I think, this i possibly a nice feature, either per user or for all
>> users. We have a 'ALTER USER name SET parameter ...', simply add a new
>> Parameter 'login_procedure' and call this procedure?
>>
> I wonder what this procedure should do? :-)

If I had something like this (what I would describe as an "ON CONNECT
TRIGGER"), I'd use it to update a table identifying the last time a user
logged in to the data base. Or maybe even use it to update their
password expiration date to NOW()+30 DAYS, so that the data base
automatically expires accounts that aren't being used.

Regards,
Berend Tober

Вложения