Re: error handling

От Verena Ruff
Тема Re: error handling
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Sean Davis schrieb:

> Just keep in mind that the trigger runs on EVERY insert, even those for
> which the unique clause is not violated.  If that is the behavior you need,
> then use the trigger.  However, if you know that after you have clean data
> in the table, you will not be inserting "duplicates" (I think this is the
> typical case), then a trigger may not be the way to go.

These were my concerns in the first place I was thinking about using
triggers. Maybe I haven't really understood your suggestion right. When
would the temporary table be created? Isn't it neccessary to create it
on every insert, too? With wich statement could I do this without using
a trigger which is fired on every insert?

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Verena