Re: Postgres gets stuck

От Chris
Тема Re: Postgres gets stuck
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> This is a deadly bug, because our web site goes dead when this happens,
> and it requires an administrator to log in and kill the stuck postgres
> process then restart Postgres.  We've installed failover system so that
> the web site is diverted to a backup server, but since this has happened
> twice in one week, we're worried.
>
> Any ideas?

Sounds like a deadlock issue.

Do you have query logging turned on?

Also, edit your postgresql.conf file and add (or uncomment):

stats_command_string = true

and restart postgresql.

then you'll be able to:

select * from pg_stat_activity;

to see what queries postgres is running and that might give you some clues.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: "Craig A. James"
Сообщение: Postgres gets stuck
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid