Re: How to allow non-local to postgreSQL

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: How to allow non-local to postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
leo camalig wrote:
> Good Day....
>

> I Just want to ask on how to allow a non-local in PostgreSQL
> without adding it in
> pg-hba.conf
You don't. pg_hba.conf is the place where you can specify who
can connect from where to which database using what authentication
method. Your only alternative to using pg_hba.conf would be
to allow access from anywhere in pg_hba.conf, and use the firewalling
capabilieties of your OS to restrict access.

> I just want to view a desktop application on Web, yes it works, but you
> need to allow those I.P. addresses that will gonna connect to
> postgreSQL. What I want is everyone in the net can access the said
> desktop application. Can you help me on how to configure it.
You can add whole subnets to pg_hba.conf - that's the reason why
there is a "host" and a "netmask" field ;-)
To e.g. allow anyone from the ip-range 192.168.0.0-192.168.0.255,
you'd use a line containing "192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0".
To allow connections from anywhere, use "0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0".

greetings, Florian Pflug

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid
От: Wayne Conrad
Сообщение: Re: A better AND query?