Re: French PDF manual

От Guillaume LELARGE
Тема Re: French PDF manual
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Peter Eisentraut a écrit :
> Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
>> We started by changing SGML files in a way that makes them
>> syntactically correct and valid with an XML toolchain :
>
> Well, you can go into the documentation source directory and type 'make
> postgres.xml' to get an XML formatted DocBook file automatically.
>
> It has occasionally been suggested to convert the source of the
> documentation to XML, but while I'm not opposed to that, I don't see
> any specific advantages coming from such a move.

The PDF manual available on the postgresql web site is quite difficult
to use. For example, take a look at table 9.5 (pages 125 and 126). Text
goes beyond the cells. It's really difficult to read it. Sometimes you
can't read the text because it goes beyond the page : see pages 223 and
345).

I think these are real important issues.

--
Guillaume.