Re: Using the REPLACE command to replace all vowels

От Geoffrey
Тема Re: Using the REPLACE command to replace all vowels
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Is there a way to make seperate replacements in 1 field in
>> one command in SQL?
>>
>> I need to remove all vowels (a,e,i,o,u) in a field. How would
>> I go about that?
>
> Try something like
> SELECT regexp_replace(your_string,'[aeiou]','','g') ...
>
> (btw, if you want all vowels, don't forget 'y' :-P)

As I recall, that should be 'and sometimes y...  I don't recall the sql
syntax for SOMETIMES :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin

Сообщение: Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going
Сообщение: Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going