Re: Connecting to Postgres from other machines (outside localhost)

От Oisin Glynn
Тема Re: Connecting to Postgres from other machines (outside localhost)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Catalin Pitis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed PostgreSQL 8.0 on Windows and I can connect from localhost
> only. How can I configure the server to allow connection from other
> machines?
>
> Thank you
> Catalin
Under
Start-> Programs->PostgreSQLXX->Configuration files
postgresql.conf
pg_hba.conf

Are the 2 files I modified.  Please be aware my settings are for a dev
box and are WIDE OPEN AS SHOWN HERE this might allow alot more people
connect than you want.

postgresql.conf
# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;                   # comma-separated list of
addresses;                  # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all

port = 5432
max_connections = 100

pg_hba.conf
# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         all         192.168.10.1/24          md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               md5

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: