Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Javier de la Torre wrote:
> Great! Then there will be no problems.
>
> I would use COPY but I think I can not. While moving from MySQL to
> PostgreSQL I am also transforming a pair of fields, latitude,
> longitude, into a geometry field, POINT, that is understood for
> Potgis. I though I will not be able to use COPY when inserting data
> with functions.

I think you'd get better results COPYing into a (temporary) table (say
it's called 'fish') and then inserting your data into your table using
INSERT (...) SELECT ... FROM fish; with the necessary conversions.

I think it'll be still faster than a couple million seperate INSERTs,
and it gives you the opportunity to fix mistakes if you issue the above
command inside a transaction.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl