Re: i am getting error when i am using copy command

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: i am getting error when i am using copy command
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi, Penchalaiah,

Penchalaiah P. wrote:

> Copy penchal to ‘/tmp/penchal.out’
>
> When I am using this statement I am getting error is :   could not open
> file ‘/tmp/penchal.out’  for writing: no such file or directory..

It seems that the /tmp directory is missing from your system.

This can have two causes, IMHO: You either have a _totally broken_
un*x[1] installation, or you run on Windows or another platform that has
different file naming conventions.

HTH,
Markus

[1] un*x is a shortcut for all unixoid operating systems, including BSD,
Linux and even MacOS X.