Re: Slow restoration question

От Eric Lam
Тема Re: Slow restoration question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:

>Eric Lam <elam@lisasoft.com> writes:
>

>>what is the quickest way of dumping a DB and restoring it? I have done a
>>

>>   "pg_dump -D database | split --line-bytes 1546m part"
>>

>Don't use "-D" if you want fast restore ...
>
>            regards, tom lane

thanks, I read that from the doco, the reason why I am using the -D
option is because I was informed by previous people in the company that
they never got a 100% strike rate in database restoration without using
the -D or -d options. If I have enough space on the QA/staging machine
I'll give the no options dump restoration a try.

Anyone have any estimates the time differences between the -D, -d and
[using no option].

regards
Eric Lam

От: "Bert"
Сообщение: Re: Easy question
От: Mario Splivalo
Сообщение: Lot'sa joins - performance tip-up, please?